Join NOVO Energy's Finance team in Gothenburg, contributing to sustainable energy for future generations.
We are building a state-of-the-art Gigafactory in Gothenburg that will be one of the largest cell production facilities in Europe. We are now looking for a Treasury Lead to join our Finance team!
Volvo Cars is one of the most well-known and respected car brands in the world. Northvolt is a leading supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems, dedicated to delivering the world’s greenest lithium-ion battery.
Together, we have formed a joint venture, NOVO Energy, to power the next generation of pure electric Volvo and Polestar cars.
Few industries offer as great opportunity for career growth and personal development as the new European battery industry. In working for this joint venture, you'll not only develop skills that are highly sought after in the global automotive and industrial sector, but you are also contributing to a climate-neutral way of life for future generations.
What you will do:
As a Treasury Lead you will be a driving force in establishing and optimizing the financial infrastructure of the organization. You will play a vital role in in creating and executing treasury policies, optimizing debt structures, and implementing effective hedging strategies. In this role you will report to the Finance Director.
This role offers a unique opportunity to build up the treasury function from the ground up, employing hands-on expertise in debt management, hedging strategies, and forging impactful relationships with banking partners.
Join our dynamic and growing Finance team, where we're all about openness, teamwork, and a can-do attitude. We value a flexible, solution oriented and proactive approach where every team member plays a vital role in contributing to the success of the department.
- Treasury Function Development
- Policy Development: Continued development of treasury policies.
- Infrastructure Setup: Take a hands-on approach to establish and optimize treasury infrastructure, including implementing treasury management systems and reporting tools.
- Hands-On Debt Management, Hedging, and Bank Relations
- Debt management: Take part in closing our future debt and help manage future draw downs and ensure we do not breach any covenants.
- Hedging Strategy Implementation: Design and execute effective hedging strategies to mitigate exposure to currency, interest rate, and commodity risks.
- Cash Flow Forecasting and Budgeting
- Forecasting Precision: Collaborate closely with the whole organisation to develop accurate cash flow forecasts.
- Risk Mitigation, Compliance, and Hedging Oversight
- Proactive Risk Management: Identify, assess, and mitigate financial risks associated with debt structures and hedging activities, employing a hands-on approach to ensure optimal risk management.
- Compliance Oversight: Lead compliance efforts, ensuring adherence to debt covenants, regulatory requirements, and reporting obligations.
- Bank Relationship Management
- Relationship Cultivation: Build and nurture positive relationships with banks, actively engaging in day-to-day interactions and build strategic partnerships.
This hands-on role requires strategic vision, operational expertise, and a proactive approach to debt, hedging management, and relationships with banks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field.
- Proven hands-on experience in building and managing treasury functions, debt structuring, bank relationship management, and hedging strategies.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, debt instruments, and regulatory requirements.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, analysis, and hands-on use of treasury management systems.
We also believe you are/have:
- Visionary and hands-on strategist.
- Results-driven with a hands-on focus on optimizing financial outcomes.
- Able to lead and collaborate in cross-functional teams with hands-on participation.
- Strong ethical standards and commitment to compliance.
- Adaptable to changing financial landscapes.
If you are ready to make a significant impact and contribute to the future of sustainable energy, apply now to join our dynamic Finance team at NOVO Energy! For this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
Volvo Cars is one of the most well-known and respected car brands in the world. Northvolt is a leading supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems, dedicated to delivering the world’s greenest lithium-ion battery. Together, we have formed a joint venture, NOVO Energy, to power the next generation of pure electric Volvo and Polestar cars.
Our Gigafactory in Gothenburg will be one of the largest cell production facilities in Europe, with a potential annual cell production capacity of up to 50 gigawatt hours (GWh) - thereby enabling a supply of batteries for approximately half a million Volvo and Polestar cars per year. Our state-of-the-art R&D facility will gather leading expertise from all over the world, to create the next generation battery cells.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let NOVO Energy know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 17, 2024
Jul 06, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Treasury Lead - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.