Apprentice opportunities in our Engineering Team at Plasma Technology
Be an employee, not just an apprentice. A Manufacturing/Production Engineering Apprenticeship doesn’t have to mean ticking off tasks in a boxed-off, pigeon-hole role. Instead of being left to your own devices, let’s kickstart your career working at the heart of cutting-edge technical devices.
In Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology, you’ll be in the thick of exciting, evolving technology at a global manufacturing business driving solutions across microchip technology, quantum computing, biomedical devices, renewable energy, battery-powered cars, and much more.
Rather than desk-defined duties and repetitive routines, we’ll embrace your curiosity and tenacity and empower you to engage and problem-solve. We’ll drive your learning and career development by supporting your active engagement in meetings, teamwork, and tangible problem-solving.
- Progressing to HND/HNC level and becoming a fully-fledged Manufacturing Engineer
- Joining a thriving, growing business within an established global manufacturing group
- A busy, active working environment packed with variety and learning opportunities
- Brand new, state-of-the-art working premises based in one of the UK’s most thriving cities
- A clear contributory purpose, driving the quality and reliability of our products
- Cross-functional engagement, variety of work, and quarterly visits to suppliers
- Joining a people-orientated business packed with subject-matter specialists and experts
- Flexible start times and (once you’re settled and up-to-speed) hybrid working
- Future potential to study for a degree, with funding and time allocated by the business
Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology provides high-performance, flexible tools to semiconductor processing customers involved in research and development, and production. Our solutions support flagship technology brands.
OI Plasma Technology’s tools for micro- and nano-structure engineering drive world-leading research and production for game-changing material and semiconductor solutions across medical devices, diagnostics, electric cars, quantum computers, and more.
This is a dynamic business combining the resources, growth, and stability of a large company with family-like, people-focused teamwork and support. Here, an apprenticeship is not a segregated function; all our employees are engaged and included in a shared journey.
- GCSEs (C or higher) in one or more of Maths, English, Science, and Design and Technology
- General proficiency in and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- A valid UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
This Manufacturing Engineer apprenticeship will combine your College studies, office based and practical training. Alongside skilled professionals, you’ll work on our documentation and practically on our systems. You’ll have hands on experience and be empowered to query and question.
Adding ideas and knowledge to our design process and manufacturing ability and our operational practices and techniques, you’ll soon be a proactive, autonomous, and hands-on contributor to the productionisation of semiconductor tool manufacturing.
Your motivation and ambition to both challenge and be challenged will be harnessed, not restricted. A key contributor to improving the quality of our offering, you’ll help to solve tangible engineering and technical problems.
This is a great time to join our business. Amid double-turnover growth ambitions, we’re also on the cusp of moving to a brand-new site comprising a clean environment, science and development labs, open-air spaces, onsite parking, and a full catering service.
- 25 days of annual leave, with bank holidays on top
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- Contribution pension scheme
- Employee assistance and wellbeing programme
- Sick pay
- Share incentive plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Bupa Rewards
Click apply and submit an up-to-date CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and would ask you to get in touch if you are concerned about any barriers you feel you may be facing in your application process with us.
Note to recruitment agencies: Oxford Instruments operates a Preferred Supplier List, and we do not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not forward candidate details in response to this advert, or to any Oxford Instruments employees or other company locations. Oxford Instruments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Oxford Instruments know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 02, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
Bristol, United Kingdom
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Apprentice Manufacturing Engineer x2 - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.