CAN Europe, Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Communication Coordinator to join our team from March 1st, 2024. This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be at the centre of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come. The Communication Coordinator will be a part of CAN Europe’s communications team, and should be experienced in developing press and communication products, engaging narratives and key messages for advocacy and campaign work, and content creation for social and digital media.
Required Educational/professional qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in communications, journalism/press or media relations;
- University degree or equivalent qualification preferably in communications, journalism or related field;
- Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes, and in particular of climate, energy and environment policy;
- Excellent level of written and spoken English; additional EU languages considered an asset.
Skills and abilities
- Creating and implementing media strategies including off- and online communications channels;
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading in English, with a proven ability to manage the production of various types of high quality print and digital media products;
- Demonstrable experience of using digital and social media to achieve campaign/advocacy objectives;
- Ability to prioritise and manage diverse tasks, meeting deadlines while maintaining high editorial standards;
- A good team player, flexible, coupled with ability to be self-reliant and self-disciplined, and use one’s own initiative and to generate new communication ideas;
- Solid grounding in Microsoft Office applications, CANVA and WordPress.
Main duties will include
- Responsible for external communication products and materials developed in cooperation with policy teams;
- Writing, editing and dissemination of press releases and other documents, responding to media enquiries;
- Responsible for ensuring high editorial standards of all CAN Europe publications and other products (written and visual);
- Developing communications plans in key policy moments;
- Management of press briefings, conferences and other CAN Europe events;
- Maintain a contact database of experts and journalists and relations with key media representatives;
- Manage content and updates to the website (www.caneurope.org) and social media channels;
- Descriptive reporting to funding organisations and inputting in grants applications.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let CAN Europe - Climate Action Network Europe know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Communication Coordinator - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.