Lead Transaction Manager with a focus on M&A Transactions
Lead Transaction Manager role at European Energy A/S in Søborg, Copenhagen. Full-time position with 10+ years of experience in M&A within renewables or infrastructure.
European Energy is a green energy company in exponential growth. We develop, construct, and operate projects within solar- (PV) and wind farms globally, as well as Power-to-X. Our core values are the foundation of everything we do: In it together, Trust and courage, Ambition, Excitement, Inclusion, and Agility.
As our new Lead Transaction Manager, you will be part of our M&A and Project Financing team located in Søborg, Copenhagen. We currently have 19 committed colleagues and 3 Student Assistants in the team and we are responsible for our project financing and divestment. We lead all project and portfolio divestments and partnerships managing the transaction from origination all the way to execution.
The department is the interface of the company with the financial markets such as investors and creditors, and we develop and maintain long-term relationships and promote competitive processes.
How you will create an impact
You will take on a lead position being responsible for some dedicated M&A transactions across Europe. You will coordinate a “deal team” of four persons assigned to a project and lead the transactions, negotiations, and documentation. In the “deal team,” you will coordinate and get support on creating financial models, structuring VDRs, preparation of marketing materials, and coordinating internal and external stakeholders.
- You will lead M&A transactions and negotiations for renewable energy projects
- You will coordinate the “deal team” assigned to your projects
- You will take the lead in discussions of SPA and other transaction documents
- You will have a close dialogue and relationship with investors
To thrive in the role we imagine you have the following competencies
- You hold a Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or a related discipline from a distinguished academic institution
- You have 10+ years of relevant work experience in M&A within renewables or infrastructure
- You have strong knowledge of M&A transactions and the renewable energy market
- You are very comfortable negotiating and are driven by getting the best deal for both sides in place
- You possess strong quantitative, financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills , and are happy to pass on your knowledge of this to your junior colleagues
- You are fully proficient in English, oral and written
- You are willing to frequently travel for work
As a person, you are friendly, curious, and outgoing. You have a commercial entrepreneurial mindset and drive to execute complex and time constrained transactions. At the same time, you have eyes and ears for details. You find yourself very comfortable to negotiate and you have a genuine interest in the financial market and the green energy transition.
- We offer an opportunity to lead large M&A transactions globally in the renewable energy sector.
- You will coordinate deal teams, take part on decision making, and have close direct contact to senior management
- We have an entrepreneurial approach to our work. In daily life, it means there’s not far from thought to action, and you will have trusted responsibilities no matter your seniority.
- Knowledge sharing is important for us. We start every Monday with our global weekly morning meeting. Here the executive management and departments give us an update on projects and current focus areas.
- We make an effort to welcome you as our new colleague. We prepare individual onboarding plans and assign everyone a buddy.
- You will be part of a truly international company. With 41 nationalities represented, you will hear a lot of different languages working across borders.
European Energy is a Danish privately owned company founded in 2004. We operate from the development, construction, operation, and selling of wind- and photovoltaic (PV) farms on land as well as offshore globally. Further, we work with the development of future energy solutions, e.g. Power-to-X. We have a solid collaboration with local stakeholders and want to involve all parts of the process.
We now have more than 700 employees with 41 nationalities represented in 21 countries. We all work for our common goal to be the most innovative partner within the green transition and to create The Power of Tomorrow, Today.
We are looking forward to receiving your application
Location: Søborg, Copenhagen (Denmark)
Referring to: Benedikt Fraitzl, Deputy Head of M&A and Project Financing
How to apply for the position: Please submit your CV and motivation for the job in English by using the “Apply”-button to the right. We conduct interviews continuously, so please don’t hesitate to apply.
For more information: You are welcome to contact Benedikt Fraitzl, Deputy Head of M&A and Project Financing, at BFR@europeanenergy.com or Cecilie Ettrup, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at CET@europeanenergy.com
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let European Energy A/S know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 29, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
Søborg, Copenhagen, Denmark
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Lead Transaction Manager with a focus on M&A Transactions - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.