TenneT is growing fast to realize its strategic ambitions. We play a leading role in driving the energy transition. We are looking for a passionate Data Scientist at our locations Arnhem and Groningen who will contribute to this and that might be you?
Your contribution to TenneT
We are seeking a motivated professional who combines expertise in data science with a business development mindset to contribute to our energy transition goals. In this role, you will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and implement advanced data analytics solutions and create innovative data services that elevate our organization to new heights.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for analyzing large energy datasets to identify patterns, trends, and correlations.
You will develop and implement machine learning models and algorithms to predict energy consumption, optimize energy systems, and support our energy transition goals. Working alongside the IT department, you will contribute to the implementation of data pipelines, ensuring efficient data processing. Collaborating with marketing and communication specialists, you will translate complex data insights into accessible visualizations and reports.
- Analyze large energy datasets and identify patterns, trends, and correlations.
- Develop and implement machine learning models and algorithms.
- Collaborate with the IT-department for the implementation of data pipelines.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data science and energy analysis.
- Collaborate with marketing and communication specialists to transform complex data insights into accessible visualizations or reports.
Your profile and background
- Advanced degree (Master's or Ph.D.) in a relevant field such as data science, statistics, or computer science.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a data scientist in a relevant field.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing data models and algorithms.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Familiarity with data in the energy sector and related challenges.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with emerging trends and techniques in data science and energy analysis.
- Strong background in data analysis, statistics, and machine learning.
- Proficiency in programming languages (e.g., Python, R) and data manipulation tools.
- Understanding of energy data, its limitations, and the context of energy transitions.
- Ability to translate complex data insights into actionable recommendations for energy transition strategies.
- Excellent communication skills to convey data-driven insights effectively to non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborative mindset to work effectively in small teams with diverse backgrounds and functions.
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is mandatory for this postion.
Our recruiting process
We are family friendly and flexible
Health - your basis
Modern working environment
Attractive remuneration and social benefits
This will be our challenge
Strategy and Partnerships is set up because of TenneT's needs in new ways of working to realize our ambition to advance the energy transition. In doing so, innovative partnerships will be key to driving scalable solutions for flexibility, renewable energy integration and digitalisation.
- The weekly working hours are between 32 and 40 hours
- Type of contract is indefinite
- This is a joint venture between Gasunie en TenneT
- Job interviews for this position will be (partly) in English. Please send us your CV and cover letter in English
TenneT is a leading European grid operator committed to a secure and reliable electricity supply - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are shaping the energy transition for a sustainable energy future. As the first cross-border transmission system operator, we plan, build and operate an almost 25,000 kilometres long high and extra-high voltage grid in the Netherlands and Germany and are one of the largest investors in national and international electricity grids, on land and at sea. Every day, our 7,400 employees give their best and ensure with responsibility, courage and networking that more than 43 million end consumers can rely on a stable electricity supply.
TenneT is an equal opportunity employer for ALL and is fully committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for recruitment, promotion and employment regardless of their ethnic origin, skin colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual identity, marital/family status.
Lighting the way ahead together
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let TenneT know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 05, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Arnhem / Groningen, Netherlands
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Data Scientist - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.