Deputy Manager Procurement
Join Seaway7 in Oslo or other European offices to lead Supply Chain Management and contribute to sustainable, renewable energy projects. Flexible working and career development available.
We are Seaway7, a diverse group of team players, change makers and leaders in the delivery of fixed offshore wind projects. What we do makes a difference to our planet and the future, by bringing sustainable, renewable energy to the world.
Due to continued expansion, we have an exciting management opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Management professional to join us at any of our European offices, Leer (Germany), Zoetermeer (The Netherlands), Aberdeen (UK) or Oslo (Norway).
The Supply Chain Management team has the responsibility to develop SCM strategies and to engage the supply lines for designated materials and services. The Procurement Group in the SCM function has focus on high volume low complexity Supply Chain solutions.
What you will be doing
In this Deputy Manager role, you will provide support to the Manager Procurement in all activities associated with management of the Procurement group within Seaway7 Supply Chain Management.
- General support to the procurement team in delivering effective and efficient purchasing results to the Seaway7 business.
- Overseeing the end-to-end procurement process, including: identifying sourcing needs, supplier selection, negotiation of pricing and terms, delivery and close out.
- Development and implementation of long-term sourcing strategies, in support of marine construction tenders and projects, as well as vessel operations.
- Business processes improvement initiatives and change management.
- Support implementation and compliance of procurement policies and procedures.
- Supplier relationship development. Monitoring performance and fostering a competitive supplier base.
- Coordinate interface management with other departments, ensuring adequate input into procurement process.
The qualified candidate has extensive relationship management skills. As a highly motivated self-starter, you will be inspired to produce innovative solutions whilst presenting, debating and engaging with stake holders at all levels in a confident manner.
What you will bring to the team
It’s the commitment and enthusiasm of our people that gives us our energy to create change and make an impact for the future. And we want you to bring your personality, skills and experience, powering us to be leaders in fixed offshore wind.
- Team management, leadership, pro-activeness, hands-on attitude, result driven.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical, commercial, SCM or legal discipline. Master’s degree seen as positive.
- 12 years of working experience in a SCM role; 5 years team management.
- Understanding of rules, regulations and customs in marine construction / energy industry.
- Familiar with logistics and warehousing operations.
- Commercially astute with ability to maintain a high level of diligence and accuracy in day-to-day work, also when operational pressure is high.
- Effective communicator, pleasant negotiator, strong English proficiency both verbally and in writing. Proficiency in other languages seen as positive.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power BI, Access) as well as SAP / Ariba.
- S4/HANA Change Management experience would be beneficial.
- Willingness to travel.
What we can offer you
We offer the opportunity to create a future to be proud of, for generations to come. Whatever the role, wherever the location, everyone plays a part.
Alongside this, we’re continually creating the environment for you to be at your best – in and outside of work. This includes:
- Career development– access to a range of learning opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible working– everyone has commitments, responsibilities and passions outside of work. With a range of patterns available including hybrid, part-time or flexitime working, let’s discuss how we make time for what matters to you.
- A holistic benefits package– we pride ourselves in offering a wide range of benefits that support your financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Seaway7 know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 31, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
12 years of working experience in a SCM role; 5 years team management
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Deputy Manager Procurement - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.