Graduate Environmental Scientist
Join Ireland's largest Planning and Environmental consultancy, working on renewable energy and infrastructure projects. Ideal for recent graduates in Environmental Science or Geography.
MKO is Ireland’s largest Planning and Environmental consultancy.
Our team of 200+ experienced professionals work across the planning, environmental, ecology and related fields. We deliver challenging and complex projects for our clients and have an unrivalled track record of success. We add real value to our client’s projects through our multi-disciplinary expertise and a broad range of nationwide experience.
Our success and growth rests entirely on the knowledge, skills, ambition and integrity of our people, and we value these qualities most highly. We are forward-thinking and work with a can-do attitude, which nurtures people, ideas and opportunities to help maximise potential.
Through our work, we aim to leave a legacy we can all be proud of.
What makes our Environmental team different from the rest? As part of the team, you’ll get to work on exciting projects and put your formal training and personal interests to the test. You will be supported every step of the way by the team and further your personal and professional development with a structured training plan.
You’ll work on the environmental design and assessment of projects in sectors such as renewable energy and infrastructure, where cross-team collaboration will be key as you’ll work closely with our Planning, Ecology and Ornithology teams.
You’ll conduct environmental fieldwork and monitoring, assist in preparing and compiling impact assessment reporting, and undertake background research where your input matters.
- The programme is open to final-year undergraduates, master’s students and those who have graduated in the last two years in Environmental Science, Geography or other related fields, equipping you with the necessary skills to undertake the role.
- We are looking for grads with a knowledge of environmental legislation and policy, both national and European, and an interest in broader environmental issues and trends.
- The MKO Grad Programme is perfect for you if you have a collaborative and flexible approach with the ambition to excel and grow within a team environment.
- Those applying to become a Graduate Environmental Scientist would ideally have excellent report writing and GIS skills, be organised and thrive in a busy work environment.
- At MKO, we don’t just talk about our values; they are our fundamental guiding principles. We are looking for grads who demonstrate behaviours aligned with our values: Quality, Flexibility, Teamwork, Confidence, and Integrity.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply with an up-to-date curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let MKO know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Graduate Environmental Scientist - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.