Process Equipment Installation Engineer
Join Northvolt in Skelleftea, Sweden, as a Process Equipment Installation Engineer and be part of building the first large-scale European battery factory.
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a process installation engineer to join our Factory Launch team in Skellefteå.
In joining us you will be an important part from the very start in building the first large scale European battery factory. Together we will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society. We are looking for a passionate team player that has seen large and complex installation projects before. We believe you are good at stakeholder management, a great communicator and passionate for making things happen.
As an engineer within the Process Equipment Installation team in Formation and Aging, you will supervise the installation of process equipment and Material handling equipment according to Northvolt time plane and following Northvolt installation standards
You will also be responsible for providing safety instructions and support during installation and commissioning of process equipment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Technical Supervision and Compliance: Oversee equipment transportation and installation to ensure contractual compliance, including supplier procedure review for quality and safety standards.
- HSE and Risk Management: Actively manage HSE and risk, implementing safety measures and quality standards throughout transportation and installation.
- Coordination and Communication: Coordinate utility hook-ups, scheduling, and communication with suppliers and contractors for timely project completion. Maintain stakeholder communication for informed decision-making.
- Contractor Management: Monitor contractor performance, resolve interface issues, and assist in subcontracting service preparations for equipment installation (RFI, RFQ).
- Installation Transition: Develop a comprehensive completion plan for equipment installation, support project phases, and facilitate a smooth transition to commissioning.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Note that for this role you need to have a valid permit to work in Sweden (EU citizen, study visa, dependency visa, work permit).
Location: Skelleftea - Sweden
Our recruitment process includes:
- CV screening
- Tests (1 logical + 1 personality)
- Interviews w. talent acquisition, hiring manager, team member, management
We believe that you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering, or similar (or extensive relevant work experience)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with installing, commissioning and/or troubleshooting process/manufacturing equipment
- Advanced English written and oral skills, fluency in other languages is a plus (Mandarin – Korean)
- Able to work within and communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Able to juggle multiple tasks under tight timelines
Personal success factors:
- Ownership in solving issues and a 'can-do' attitude
- Methodical and structured way of working
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently
- Friendly and a good sense of humour
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Northvolt Ett AB know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
3+ years of hands-on experience with installing, commissioning and/or troubleshooting process/manufacturing equipment
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Process Equipment Installation Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.