Siemens Energy has an exciting opportunity for an ambitions individual to join our Grid Solutions team in Istanbul as a Lead Design Engineer. You will be joining the technical team, where you will be one of the experts who shapes the future of our Energy Transition.
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us.
The Siemens Energy Grid Technologies is one of the leading global suppliers of systems, solutions, and services for reliable, and intelligent transmission of electrical power. We ensure the correct engineering process of turn-key EPC contracts relating to HV Substations (AIS & GIS) to meet customer expectation in terms of quality and reliability in line with Siemens Energy strategy.
- Responsible for Primary Design (develop 2D / 3D layouts) for AIS and GIS substation projects, including electromechanical design, development of general arrangement, layout and sections drawings considering electrical and mechanical parameters of the project
- Is able to review and direct the external design offices for control, protection and SCADA system design development
- Perform cable ampacity, grounding, lightning and station auxiliary load calculations
- Review / approve / Create equipment specifications and detailed bill of materials for tendering purposes and for ordering purposes during project execution phases
- Experience in Solution Design of Balance of Plant Engineering for Power Plant and Renewable Projects (Wind Parks preferably)
- Able to review and comment Customer specifications, supplier documentation to develop a compliant solution
- Attends meetings with customer, consultants and suppliers and strong ability to convince / influence on the technically compliant and competitive solutions offered
- Ensure that the engineering deliverables meet the schedule dates, inform the Project Manager of possible delays or risk in the project design
- Flexible to travel locally and internationally to customer meetings and to project sites
- Responsible for co-ordination with the engineering, client, civil, project management and other stake holders to deliver a high-quality technical output from the team in line with the agreed delivery timescales and budget
- Responsible for standardization of primary & secondary design deliverables
- Accountable for managing both his/her own time and that of others within the team, resources and budgets to be productive in the workplace
- Will be responsible for Engineering from the Project development stage till the completion / Energization Phase and would be supporting Tender management and Project management
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering having 8 or more years of minimum experience with a focus on is a lead design engineer for high voltage substations and EPC market
- Knowledge and experience of primary design as well as Secondary Protection and Control System would be an advantage
- Customer focus: capability of changing perspectives and adapting strategies and actions to the dynamic environment
- Ability to direct a small engineering team and give general direction to others to achieve highest performance results
- Intercultural sensitivity, in order to work in (virtual) international team
- Self-motivation with high energy drive and business sense
- Capability of multitasking, with excellent organizational skills while assuring a high-quality work process
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and to be present on sites and with customers and 3rd parties both in Turkey and our international projects as per needs
- Good communication skills with clients, subconsultants, and subcontractors
- Fully conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies
- Good command over softwares like MS office applications, Autocad, Cymgrid and cable dimensioning tools etc.
- Excellent English language skills
- Working with an international team
- Opportunities to lead a high volume & complex domestic and international transmission solutions project for industries and renewable energy generation investments
- Possibility to take over further assignments within the Siemens Energy
- Flexible working through our better together working policy remotely
- Professional learning through the Learn@Siemens-Energy platform
You can reach the legal privacy information from the link.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Siemens Energy know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Lead Design Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.