Senior Bid Manager – Offshore AC Substations
Join Siemens Energy in Ballerup, Denmark, as a Senior Bid Manager for Offshore AC Substations. Drive new solution sales for offshore renewables and support global market share growth.
Siemens Energy are a global leader focused on helping customers navigate and innovate solutions to the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. To do so, our Grid Technology business area plays a vital role in the energy value chain providing all the key elements for the transmission of electricity both onshore and offshore.
Our Grid Solutions team located in Ballerup, are experts in delivering turnkey high voltage substation solutions for onshore applications here in Denmark. We are also the Grid Technologies’ Global Offshore System Centre of Competency for AC solutions, focussing our knowledge and expertise in the connection of offshore wind generation to the electricity transmission system on a global level.
Due to our ambition to deliver a sustained and significant growth, we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Senior Bid Manager to join our Technical Sales and Offer Management Team. If you are looking for a permanent position with a true world leader, one that will enable you to advance your career within offshore renewables, then this one is for you.
A Snapshot of your Day
In our Offshore System AC CoC, we provide all our customers with offshore transmission grid connections, both as an offshore system and as a turnkey solution. We are ideally suited to support the future of the renewable sector with best-in-class AC grid connection competency. Our team is growing and with it, increasing our global market share through additional routes to market and customer focus.
Your day will Include discussions with customers, fabricators, internal Siemens Energy colleagues, client engineers and sub suppliers. You will help to develop relationships with renewable developers, EPCs, engineers and industry representatives through your daily work.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Helping us to increase market share and drive new solution sales for offshore renewables, primarily in the EU and North American offshore wind markets.
- Supporting the team in the preparation of pre-qualification documentation and request for information submissions as required. Including the review of invitation to tender documentation, customers specifications and understand the project drivers for all opportunities. Preparation of Bid – No Bid documentation and obtaining authorisation to bid.
- Formulating a winning bid strategy in conjunction with Sales Manager / Business Development Manager with consideration to overall business targets / strategy.
What You Bring
- Fully conversant with market knowledge of AC offshore grid connections
- Bachelor’s or Higher Degree in Engineering or other technical background
- A minimum of 5 years related experience with the EPC and/or wind developers client base.
- The ability to make independent decisions and recommendations to management considering all risks and opportunities and to show leadership whilst doing so.
- Competitive winning mentality with a readiness to introduce innovative ideas.
- Proactive and self-starting approach to your work.
- A professional attitude combined with appropriate behaviour, respect & dignity.
- Always demonstrate a commitment and aptitude towards team working.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships across departments, functions, and competencies.
- Ability to function and thrive in a multicultural workplace and international partnership across both Siemens Energy’s business units, our customers and collaboration partners.
- Excellent communication skills & positive “can do” attitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Structured and organized work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Preparation of Bid – No Bid documentation and obtaining authorisation to bid.
- Formulating a winning bid strategy in conjunction with Proposals Manager and relevant Sales Manager / Business Development Manager with consideration to overall business targets / strategy.
- Identify and agree scope / timescales for all internal deliverables with the ‘Capture Team’ at the tender kick-off meeting.
- Maintain clear visibility of bid progress at all time.
- Manage the Capture Team to ensure all deliverables are produced in accordance with the tender programme through participation in tender co-ordination and review meetings etc.
- Liaise closely with Procurement and Commercial functions in managing external supplier / subcontractor enquiries.
- Attend customer pre-tender clarification meetings / presentations and undertake site visits where necessary to ensure scope is fully clarified and understood.
- Receive, review, and clarify all internal and external supplier / subcontractor inputs to ensure consistency with the tender requirements and all interfaces are co-ordinated.
- Produce the tender price calculation using approved Calculation Tools to reflect internal cost estimates, supplier / subcontractor prices and margins / recoveries in line with business targets.
- Ensure project / contractual risk is fully evaluated and mitigated within the tender proposals as required.
- Ensure cashflow / EVA is accurately modelled, and appropriate terms of payment proposed to maximise returns.
- Ensure that the cost estimate is realistic, robust, and competitive.
- Ensure all internal cost estimates are underwritten by the relevant functional head.
- Ensure all external costs are supported by a competitive supplier / subcontractor fixed price and valid quotation.
- Lesson learnt are captured.
- Prepare tender approval pack including Calculation Sheet, Cashflow, Limits of Authorisation, Procurement Schedule, Risk Register etc and obtain management approval in accordance with current signature protocols and LoA requirements.
- Prepare and compile proposal documentation ensuring that the proposal submission is of a high quality and compliant with customer requirements / instructions.
- Follow-up of tender submission in conjunction with Sales / Business Development to establish competitive position and compliance with customer requirements.
- Receive and respond to all customer requests for clarifications / amendments in a timely and professional manner including maintenance of Tender Questionnaire log.
- Lead the tender negotiation process / meetings / presentations with the customer with participation of the Proposals Manager / Sales / Business Development as required.
- Ensure all orders received are consistent with the tender offer and prepare necessary documentation for handover to Operations in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Salesforce database is always maintained and updated with current data.
- Carry out lost order analysis in conjunction with the customer and Key Account Manager for all lost opportunities.
- Establish, manage, and monitor tender within approved tender budget.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal partners and external suppliers / subcontractors / consortium partners.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers representatives at all levels and remain customer focused at all times.
- Ensure management are always informed of progress and key events / developments throughout the tender process.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in a professional and ethical manner and in full compliance with company procedures, protocols, governance etc always.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all Siemens business excellence programmes including TOP+, PE@Siemens etc and actively support / participate as required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business objectives and Strategic Goals.
Grid Technologies – Offshore Grid Connections
Integrating renewable energy sources and decarbonizing existing electricity infrastructure are key to meeting society’s energy needs while fighting climate change. Yet, these contributions to more carbon-neutral energy take place in remote areas often hundreds or even thousands of kilometres away from the centres of consumption. Effective solutions are vital to connecting all distributed power generation sources to the grid to make electricity available where it is really needed. Siemens Energy supplies a comprehensive range of reliable, efficient, and proven transmission systems as grid access solutions that meet and master these challenges.
Check out this link to learn more about our Grid Solutions Offshore Grid Connections portfolio Offshore grid connections
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fuelled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy recognises that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Siemens Energy know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Senior Bid Manager – Offshore AC Substations - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.